Basic, Provisional and Reserve Certification

In order to serve as a peace officer in Colorado, an individual must first be certified by Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST). There are three types of certification in Colorado: Basic POST Certification, Provisional Certification (for officers transferring certification from other states or federal employment), and Reserve Certification. 

Picture of fall trees with orange leaves